Want to know the untold golden rule of business (and of life)?
A piece so valuable, one should throw it around like it’s confetti and share it with friends, family and strangers.
Are you ready for it?
Be a good person!
It’s that simple. Kindness and a warm smile will get you quite far in life. After all, a significant part of business (and, again, of life) centers on the interactions you have with other individuals. Whether it’s building a partnership, starting collaborations, dealing with a customer or forming a new friendship–all require being authentically nice.
So how can being a good person lead to success?
1. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
- AKA support and involve your community because community is key and a major component of anyone’s foundation.
2. Attitude of Gratitude
- Be grateful and appreciative of all the little steps you take, the moves you make and the people who assist you along the way. When you have individuals who hustle to help make your dream come true, saying a simple “thank you for all your hard work” goes a long way at the end of the day.
3. Be a Beacon of Kindness and Good Vibes!
- Seneca said it best, “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.”
4. Be a Great Listener
- Do not just listen with the intent to reply. Engage in the conversation, ask questions and truly focus on the individual(s) in front of you.
5. Be Self Aware
- To be self aware is to have a clear perception of the different facets that make up an individual. Self awareness allows you to not only understand yourself, but also to understand and reflect on your interactions with others and how they perceive you.
Recently published on BUNCH Magazine