As creatives and makers, often there are times when motivation and inspiration cease to exist and you’re stuck twiddling your thumbs waiting for the magic to happen. Yet instead of sulking in the rut, why not pick a hobby to recharge your creative juices and relieve yourself of the inevitable stress. Below are a handful of rad activities and classes you can partake in to add a bit of spice to your life.
- 25 Beautiful Things Take a ride on the colorful side with “25 Beautiful Things,” a fine art coloring book created by Anne-Louise Ewen, an artist based in Los Angeles. On her website you can purchase the coloring book and painting kit, which includes a snazzy set of brushes and a watercolor palette. Additionally, she offers workshops that will take you on a spiritual journey and allow you to express your bliss.
- Movement Lifestyle Get your body moving and grooving with one of the many excellent dance instructors at Movement Lifestyle, a studio based in North Hollywood’s Arts District. mL is fueled by good times, good vibes and creating a sense of community. What better way to restart and replenish?
- Modern Macrame If you want to put your fingers to work while simultaneously creating home decor, Emily Katz has got you covered. She offers courses in three major cities along the West Coast and online if you don’t have the time to attend the class in person.
- Glaze Fire If you need a weekly activity that does not require a strict commitment, hit up your local paint-a-pottery establishment and let the brush lead the way. It’s a quick and easy way to alleviate stress.
- Book Binding Calling all bibliophiles! Hazel Mandujano, an LA-based graphic designer, has mastered the art of bookbinding and is now offering classes to share the love and pass on her wisdom. The workshop allows you to create the classic Coptic Stitch Bind and the Explosion Fold, 2 non-adhesive book binding styles.
- Collage & Patterns Are you looking for an arts and crafts kind of day like when you were a kid? If so, Beci Orpin, master designer and artist, has got you covered! Her workshop gives you the opportunity to work with a variety of mediums to create a vibrant and unique masterpiece.
Recently published on BUNCH Magazine